Terms & Conditions
Booking, Modifications, Cancellations
- Booking a Party
- Party Time Slots
- Attendees and Guests
- Guest Count
- Additional Guests
- Modifying a Party
- Canceling a Party
- Base Package
- Premium Package
- Food and Party Extras
- Outside Food and Beverages
Arrival & Departure, Party Expectations
- Parental/Guardian Supervisions
- Health & Safety
- Third Party Services
- Release of Liability
- Arrival & Departure
- Party Expectations
- Party Captain
- Designated Party Space
- Photographing/Filming Your Party
- Lowe’s Media Capture and Usage
By booking a Build A Birthday party (“Build A Birthday” or “Party”), the person booking the Party (“you” and any derivations thereof such as “your,” or the “Host”) agree to these Terms and Conditions and to Lowe’s US Privacy Statement (https://www.lowes.com/l/privacy-and-security-statement.html).
Build A Birthday is offered by Lowe’s Home Centers, LLC (“Lowe’s) at participating locations (each a “Participating Location”).
Booking, Modifications, Cancellations
A. Booking a Party
Build A Birthday Party reservations must be booked online at www.lowes.com/buildabirthday (the “Site”). Lowe’s will confirm the availability of your chosen date, time, and location. You must accept these Terms & Conditions (the “Contract”) and make full payment (“Payment”) before a Party can take place.
B. Party Time Slots
All available Party time slots are based on local time zones and represent the maximum time block available for a Party. Available time slots are listed on the Site at time of booking.
C. Attendees and Guests
1. Attendees. The Host plus anybody attending a Party, including the birthday celebrant, shall be referred to in these Terms as an “Attendee.”
a. There is no limit on the number of Attendees that can attend a Party, within reason, as determined by Lowe’s and the Participating Location. b. An Attendee can be any age, but if the Attendee is a minor, they must attend the Party and be supervised at the Party by their parent or legal guardian (“Guardian”). (For purposes of these Terms, a “minor” is anybody under the age of majority in their jurisdiction, which is 18 in all states, except 19 in Alabama and Nebraska).
2. Guests. Any Attendee who completes a Project Kit (as defined below) shall be referred to in these Terms as a “Guest.” a.There is a limit on the number of Guests per Party, as stated below. b. The recommended age range for Guests is ages 4-10. c. Each Guest (or if the Guest is a minor, the Guardian of such Guest) must complete an online RSVP form by the RSVP date to attend the Party.
D. Guest Count
A final Guest count for the Party is due one (1) week prior to the Party (“Final Guest Count”). No invoice adjustments or refunds will be given if the number of Guests on the day of the Party is lower than the Final Guest Count. If more Guests attend the Party than the Final Guest Count, you will be charged for those additional Guests as set forth in the Pricing|Payment section, below.
E. Additional Guests
Each Party can accommodate up to a maximum of twenty (20) Guests. When confirming your Final Guest Count, you cannot go over the stated maximum Guest capacity per Party booking. There is no limit on the number of Attendees who are not Guests, within reason. Once the Final Guest Count has been provided, additional Guests may only be added subject to Lowe’s approval. If Lowe’s approves the addition of Guests to the Final Guest Count, the increase in the Final Guest Count is permanent and cannot thereafter be reduced. No invoice adjustments or refunds will be given if the number of Guests on the day of the Party is lower than the Final Guest Count.
F. Modifying a Party
The party date/time, number of guests and party favors may be revised up to 1 week before the party date without penalty. Domino’s add-on orders may be revised up to 5 days prior to the party date. No changes can be made to Domino’s orders less than 5 days prior to the party.
G. Canceling a Party
Host must contact Build A Birthday support at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel a booked Party. 1. If a booked Party is cancelled more than five (5) days prior to the Party, the Host will receive a credit for the amount paid that can be applied to a future Build A Birthday Party at the same Participating Location. This credit is only good for another Build A Birthday Party and cannot be used for any other Lowe’s merchandise, services or programs. Credit is not redeemable for cash and is nontransferable. Credit is void if altered, defaced, copied, transferred, or sold (through any on-line auction or otherwise). Credit is good only while Participating Location is still offering Build A Birthday parties and is subject to Party availability. 2. If a booked Party is cancelled with less than five (5) days’ notice prior to the Party, the Host will receive a credit for the amount paid for the Party less any amount paid for Domino’s (that portion of the payment will be forfeited). This credit must be used within sixty (60) days of the original booked Party and is only good for another Build A Birthday Party at the same Participating Location and cannot be used for any other Lowe’s merchandise, services or programs. Credit is not redeemable for cash and is nontransferable. Credit is void if altered, defaced, copied, transferred, or sold (through any on-line auction or otherwise). Credit is good only while Participating Location is still offering Build A Birthday parties and is subject to Party availability.
All selections are subject to availability.
1. LIL BUILDERS PARTY: 2 HOUR PRIVATE PARTY. Includes up to twelve (12) Guests (ages 5+) (additional Guests may be added for an additional charge, up to a maximum of 20 Guests). Includes a decorated Designated Party Space, support from a Lowe’s Party Captain during the Party, one storewide intercom birthday shout-out during the Party, and twelve (12) standard DIY kits’ project kits (each a “Project Kit”) twelve (12) bottled waters, and twelve (12) place settings. Host will choose Project Kit for the Party at time of Booking. Pricing listed on Site.
2. PREMIUM BUILDERS PARTY: 2 HOUR PRIVATE PARTY. Includes up to twelve (12) Guests (ages 5+) (additional Guests may be added for an additional charge, up to a maximum of 20 Guests). Includes a decorated Designated Party Space, support from a Lowe’s Party Captain during the Party, one storewide intercom birthday shout-out during the Party, and twelve (12) Project Kits (including premium Project Kits), twelve (12) bottled waters, and twelve (12) place settings. Host will choose Project Kit for the Party at time of Booking Pricing listed on Site.
3. FOOD AND PARTY EXTRAS. You may order select food and drink options from Domino’s Pizza and/or party favors on the Site as “Add Ons” to your Party for an additional cost. Your order for Dominos must be received and paid for online through the Site at least five (5) days prior to your Party. Your order for party favors on the Site must be received and paid for online through the Site at leave two weeks prior to your Party.
4. OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGES. Lowe’s and Participating Locations do not permit any food or beverages to be brought in with the sole exception of an approved “Birthday Dessert.” a. APPROVED BIRTHDAY DESSERT: Host has the option to bring in their own non-refrigerated, store-bought (may not be homemade), birthday dessert. The Host shall have the sole and absolute responsibility for the quality and condition of the Birthday Dessert and for maintaining the Birthday Dessert until it is served, it being agreed that Lowe’s shall neither store nor refrigerate the Birthday Dessert. The Host must provide the serving utensils, place settings and napkins needed to serve the Birthday Dessert.
b. Alcoholic BEVERAGES: Lowe’s does not allow the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages anywhere on store grounds.
Any Attendee that does a Project Kit is considered a Guest, and Host will be charged for such Guest, whether or not that Attendee was included in the Final Guest Count. Hosts are responsible for managing their Attendees, and such Attendees’ participation in the Project Kits and food/beverage/supplies. It is not Lowe’s or the Participating Location’s responsibility to determine which Attendees the Host intends to be Guests and which it does not – it is the Host’s responsibility to manage which Attendees take a Project Kit. If more Attendees take a Project Kit than were identified in the Final Guest Count, the Participating Location will attempt to accommodate such Guests if space allows and if Project Kits are available, and in such case, Lowe’s will adjust your Guest count UP for each additional Guest over the number provided in the Final Guest Count (each an “Extra Guest”) and charge an additional fee per Extra Guest per the rate set forth on the Site (“Extra Guest Fee”). In no event will a Participating Location be able to accommodate more than 20 Guests. The Extra Guest Fee does not include Add Ons for such Extra Guests (if any were ordered), or guaranteed selection of Project Kit. Neither Lowe’s nor the Participating Location is responsible if the Party runs out of Project Kits, food, beverage or supplies due to more Guests than provided in the Final Guest Count, more Attendees using supplies or eating/drinking refreshments, or failure of the Host to order sufficient Add Ons. No refunds will be given if your Guest count on the day of the Party is less than provided by you in the Final Guest Count. If your Attendees bring extra siblings or friends to the Party that are not included in the Final Guest Count, they are welcome to observe, but will not be given a Project Kit or favors unless they are added as an Extra Guest and you pay an Extra Guest Fee, space permitting.
Payments can be made with a debit or credit card via the Build A Birthday registration website.
Arrival & Departure, Party Expectations
A. Parental/Guardian Supervisions
A parent or legal guardian of each minor Attendee (whether such Attendee is a Guest or not) must supervise their child(ren)/ward(s) at all times for the duration of the Party. Lowe’s is not responsible for the behavior or well-being of minor Attendees. Lowe’s is not responsible for any accidents, injuries to persons or property, or death that occurs during or in connection with the Party. The Parent/Legal Guardian of the child/ward is responsible for any accidents, injuries to persons or property, or death that occurs by or to a minor during or in connection with the Party. If the Host fails to enforce having all minor Attendees’ parents/guardians stay at the Party, or if the Host engages in subterfuge so that Lowe’s or the Participating Location is unaware that a minor Attendee’s parent/guardian is not on-site and supervising such minor Attendee, the Host assumes such liability for such unsupervised children.
B. Health & Safety
All Guests must wear closed toed shoes during the Party. Guests must wear any safety equipment provided and required by Lowe’s (e.g., goggles) while doing the Program Kit, or they will not be allowed to participate.
C. Third Party Services
Other entertainment or activities, whether provided by the Host, Attendees, friends, family, third party vendors, or service providers (including, by way of example and without limitation, face painters, clowns, games, etc.) are not allowed.
D. Release of Liability
In consideration of hosting your Party at Lowe’s, you agree (a) that Lowe’s, its distributors, vendors, and suppliers, and each of their parent and affiliated companies, and all of their officers, directors, scontentkholders, employees, representatives, designees, contractors and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by you and all of your heirs and executors, from and against any liability under any theory of law, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from attendance or participation in a Build A Birthday Party, including consumption of any food or beverage at the Party, and (b) Released Parties make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, performance or safety of any Project Kits or Add Ons.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
E. Arrival & Departure
To ensure a smooth check-in process, the Host should arrive fifteen (15) minutes prior to the scheduled Party time. If you arrive earlier than your scheduled time, you may be unable to access the Designated Party Space until your allocated Party time begins.
1. GUEST ARRIVAL. If Attendees for your Party arrive before the Party start time, they are welcome to explore the Participating Location, but may not be allowed into the Designated Party Space. 2. GUEST DEPARTURE. As a courtesy to the next Party, please help Attendees leave the Designated Party Space after the end of your Party so we can prepare for the next Party. The Host should ensure that the Designated Party Space is vacated with all belongings at the end of the allocated Party time. 3. ITEMS LEFT BEHIND OR UNATTENDED. Lowe’s is not responsible for any items left behind following your Party, or for any items left unattended during your Party.
F. Party Expectations
Please note that while your Build A Birthday Party is hosted in a Designated Party Space, such Designated Party Space is in a public area of each Participation Location, as determined by Lowe’s.
1. PARTY CAPTAIN. As a part of each Party package, Lowe’s will provide a Party Captain dedicated to organizing your Party and hosting the Party time. The Party Captain will set up and clean up the Party space. Neither Lowe’s, the Participating Location, nor the Party Captain is responsible for babysitting, supervision or for the care of any children. Parents and guardians will be responsible for the care and supervision of their children at all times during the Party. 2. DESIGNATED PARTY SPACE. Tables and seating will be allocated to your Party space based on the Final Guest Count. Please do not create more seating or reorganize the table settings. Attendees who are not Guests, and Guests that were not part of the Final Guests Count, may have to stand. a. LOCATION. Lowe’s reserves the right to select the location within the store where the Party will be held, and such location within the store will not impact the cost of the Party or the size of the group accommodated b. GIFTS. Gifts are allowed in the Designated Party Space. We do not recommend opening them as you may run out of time quickly. Please be considerate, as we will not be able to extend your Party time. OTHER THAN WHEN ENTERING AND LEAVING THE PARTY, NO GIFTS OUTSIDE OF THE DESIGNATED PARTY SPACE, no exceptions. c. FAVORS. Build A Birthday Party favors are available for purchase as an Add On at the time of booking or within the modification window. Outside favors/gift bags are also allowed. 3. DECORATIONS. Themed decorations are provided for your use during the Party and must remain on-site at the end of the Party, excluding Add Ons that you purchase. Additional outside decorations are prohibited for safety reasons. Lowe’s does not allow streamers, silly string, confetti, banners, glitters, sprays, or piñatas. Nothing can be attached to furniture, doors, or door frames. 4. PHOTOGRAPHING/FILMING YOUR PARTY. You are welcome to photograph/film your Party however please respect the privacy of others and avoid photographing/filming other shoppers/customers. 5. LOWE’S MEDIA CAPTURE AND USAGE. Lowe’s reserves the right to photograph, film, video or otherwise record the Party or portions of the Party, and any Attendees within the Designated Party Space during the Party (collectively “Footage”), and may use such Footage, in whole or in party, edited or unedited, for internal, advertising and/or publicity purposes.